I can’t believe it’s October! This year is flying by! Inspired by Gracie, I thought I’d make a list of my favorite September finds!
1. Starbucks’ Anniversary Blend. Described as “bold and spicy,” the latest brew is perfect on a crisp, cloudy morning like today’s. I always add skim milk and some Splenda, and a few sprinkles of vanilla powder or cinnamon if I’m feeling like something a little extra special.
2. Trader Joe’s Peanut Flour. It’s cheaper than PB2. It has fewer ingredients than PB2. I don’t have to order it online. Emily did a great and detailed powdered peanut butter comparison here – be sure to check it out!
I know Jenny’s been using it to make these drool-inducing pumpkin peanut butter pancakes (which I fully intend to make in the near future), but since I ran out of milled flax, I’ve been adding it to my overnight oats:
Plain Greek yogurt, raw old fashioned oats, TJ’s peanut flour, and an apple.
3. Fashion and style blogs. I think I’ve only gotten more into both since I’ve started working at the store. Some of my most-loved:
4. My new iPod. After a bottle of leaky kombucha killed my old touch and months of being frustrated with a shuffle, I decided to treat myself to a new touch.
Coincidentally, the day I decided to head to Target and spend a chunk of that week’s paycheck, the new iPods came out! I didn’t even know they were in the works! My old touch was 8g, was slow, and I had to choose some music to leave out, so I upgraded to the 32g. SO much room for music and fun apps! Right now, I have:
- NY Times Crossword Puzzles – English major = word freak. I LOVE crossword puzzles!
- Facebook (duh)
- Twitter (obvs)
- iMap My Fitness
- Words with Friends (iPod/iPhone scrabble with friends and random opponents. Again, addicting).)
- Oregon Trail – Enough said.
September was obviously a great month, but I’m SO GLAD it’s October – I think it’s my favorite month! Cooler weather, apple picking, pumpkin picking, and Halloween. I love fall ❤
I was going to go up to UConn for Homecoming weekend, but honestly, I was feeling too lazy to drive up tonight after work just to come back tomorrow to work Sunday. I am dying to see my friends, but I also just wanted a lazy day off tomorrow. I do have plans for dinner and a movie with a couple of my oldest friends though, so at least I’m being social and hanging with people I love to death.
Help me out! Your favorite beverage of September? Your favorite use for TJ’s peanut flour? Your most inspirational fashion blogs? Your must have iPod/iPhone apps? Let me know! And what are you most excited about in October?