Only a week late? Don’t hate.
No, not the chemical-laden prized classroom lunch of your youth – instead, the pre-packed, vegetable-filled lunches I’ve been packing for work everyday.
P.S. – Don’t decide to bring a different book on the train than the one that you’re using your weekly train pass as a bookmark in. $10 on board for one way is ridiculous. And deprives you of a lunch-time Starbucks treat. Saving money fail.
ANYWAY, here are some of the lunches I’ve been packing lately.
- Wrap: Salmon, goat cheese, and spinach
- Sides: Cucumber, carrots, Dr. Kracker’s Seedlanders, more goat cheese
- Snacks: Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Clif bar, tomato and avocado sandwich
- Wrap: Pepper turkey, cucumber, sprouts, hummus
- Sides: Cucumber, carrots, Dr. Kracker’s Hummus Maximus, LC Queso Fresco & Chipotle
- Snacks: Banana Bread Larabar, avocado and sprouts sandwich
- Banana Bread Larabar? BOMB.
- Wrap: LightLife Buffalo “Chicken” tenders, LC Blue Cheese, romaine
- Sides: Carrot mountain, Dr. Kracker’s Apple Crisps
- Wrap: La Tortilla Factory Tortilla with pepper turkey and avocado
- Sides: Dr. Kracker’s Fire Roasted Crisps, carrots, broccoli, homemade hummus
My lunches have been pretty much the same food – maybe I’m in a food rut, but everything is always so good and what I genuinely want to eat at lunchtime. Wraps with turkey, salmon, or “chicken,” carrots and other veggies with either hummus or Laughing Cow for dippage, and crackers. Generally I eat my snacks on the train home as a mini-meal before I go to the gym – a Larabar or Clif bar, an apple and almonds, and/or my avocado sandwiches. Food is good.
And yes, that last one says homemade hummus. Post coming soon – don’t get too excited, it definitely needs work. A lot of work.
Other notable eats include apple and almond snackage, of the Gala and Cinnamon Sugar varieties.
Plus epic dinner creations:
- Sweet potato with black beans and feta
- Mixed greens and romaine with mushrooms, broccoli, red onion, roasted garlic balsamic, and more feta
It’s my day off and I’m about to have lunch – going to try NOT to make a wrap. We’ll see how well that works out. Happy Sunday (and AUGUST!)