First of all, thank you all so, so much for your kind comments and tweets. Your support has really meant a lot to me over the past couple of days and I can’t really express how grateful I am for your prayers and kind thoughts for me and my family.
We have a lot going on right now to honor Zach’s memory – a bench along the Farmington River, hopefully a plaque of some sort near the field at UConn where he practiced Ultimate Frisbee with his club teammates, and a memorial service for next Saturday, five days after he would have turned 22. One of my other stepbrothers and his mom and getting a drawing Zach did of a phoenix tattooed in the next few days, and I plan on getting something small soon as well.
It has obviously been a very hard couple of days and I don’t expect it to get easier anytime soon and I know that it will never be normal again. Of course, my eating has taken a hit – my emotions and appetite are much, MUCH too in sync with each other and my routine has definitely been disturbed, but I’m getting back into the groove.
To be honest, I feel like blogging (even my food) is such a release and things have just been building up in my mind to tell you guys!
Such as the arrival of my diploma:
See, multiple recipients of my resume? It’s for real. Hire me, please!
- Veggie Wrap on La Tortilla with roasted garlic hummus, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, sprouts, red onion
- Sandwich thin with avocado and tomato
- Amy’s Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas on romaine and tomatoes
- Plain Chobani and half a bottle of Cholula added post-pic
- Veggie wrap on La Tortilla with roasted garlic hummus, feta, sprouts, mushrooms, tomato, carrots, broccoli, and red onion
- Dr. Kracker’s Seeded Spelt
- More roasted garlic hummus
- Afternoon delight.
- Peppermill turkey wrap with sprouts, plain Laughing Cow, and red onion
- Dr. Kracker’s Apple Crisps (get gooey and honey-y in the heat, FYI)
- Roasted garlic hummus for veg dippage
- I love you, aspartame Diet Coke. You are perfect on a hot summer day and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Nevermind that I couldn’t scrounge up the $2.53 for a large and had to hang my head and downgrade to the $2.11 medium.
- Mixed greens, green beans, broccoli, red onion, carrots, tomato, mushrooms, hummus mountain, balsamic vinegar
- Millet toast with avocado
- Walnut pancakes with maple syrup a la Clif. I was melting in the heat and of joy.
- Spinach and feta omelet
- 1.5 WW english muffins with strawberry jam
Yes, I made a perfectly shaped omelet. I’m awesome.
Patriotism (one day late):
- 1 plain Chobani
- 2/3c oats
Other items of note:
NEW LAUGHING COWS
- Blue Cheese
- Mozarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil
- Queso Fresco & Chipotle
Any ideas what I’m going to do/should do with these fun new items?
Also, new sneakers:
This lasted less than 24 hours. Read. It. Now.
- Hot pink shorts: $11.83
- Fave new summer dress: $45
- Inability to look at a self-timed camera: Sad at the age of 22.
Hope you had a fabulous 4th! Again, please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. I really, truly appreciate it. Lots to do today!